Dental bridges are a treatment option for replacing missing teeth. They are utilized to enhance a patient’s smile by filling the gaps left by missing teeth. Dental bridges can also restore functionality and reduce discomfort. If you have lost teeth due to injury or disease, the dentists at each Dental Choice location in Edmonton and Calgary can help determine whether dental bridges, dental implants, or a combination of the two treatments are most appropriate for your individual needs. Each patient is unique. To learn more about costs and pricing for dental procedures, please contact us.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges consist of two components: replacement teeth and dental crowns. The replacement tooth or teeth are placed in the gap where a natural tooth is missing and are supported by dental crowns on either side. These dental crowns are attached either to the adjacent natural teeth or dental implants.
When you need a replacement tooth, it could be made of either ceramic or porcelain fused to metal. The material your tooth will be made of depends upon your goals and preferences, in addition to where your missing tooth is located. Porcelain and metal material is typically used to replace teeth missing from the back of the mouth, whereas ceramic replacement teeth are better for patients who need to replace missing front teeth.
If you are interested in learning more about dental bridges, we invite you to contact us at a Dental Choice location in Alberta, Edmonton or Calgary near you.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
The dental bridge procedure can be completed in only two office visits. In the first visit, the adjacent teeth are prepared for treatment and impressions are made that will be used to create the dental crowns. Once the dental crowns have been custom-crafted, they are bonded to the replacement tooth or teeth to create the dental bridge.
In the second office visit, dental bridges are firmly secured to the patient’s teeth. Replacement teeth are carefully placed in gaps, and the dental crowns are securely bonded to the adjacent teeth. The patient now has a beautiful replacement tooth or teeth, providing a professional cosmetic and functional solution to missing teeth.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are two types of dental bridges offered at Dental Choice:
• Resin Bonded Dental Bridge: This type of dental bridge is used to replace missing front teeth. It’s a fixed dental prosthesis that replaces missing teeth using composite resin cement for the purposes of retaining the replaced teeth. This treatment option is less invasive and extremely affordable when compared to other options. Furthermore, resin bonded dental bridges are durable and easy to maintain. They only require proper brushing and flossing at least twice a day.
• Porcelain Dental Bridge: A porcelain dental bridge is a traditional bridge that consists of a ceramic material fused with metal. This type of dental bridge is renowned for its flexibility and ability to replicate the form and function of the original teeth. It’s long-lasting, but slightly expensive. However, it makes up for its cost by delivering incredible results.
Cost of Dental Bridges
When you come to Dental Choice, your dentist will perform a thorough examination to determine if dental bridges are the best tooth replacement option for you. They will also go over the cost associated with the procedure. Each patient is different, so there are many variables that can influence pricing for dental bridges. This includes:
- The number of replacement teeth needed to fill the gap
- How many crowns are required to anchor the replacement teeth
- The type of bridge selected
- The materials used as well as the fabrication process
- The complexity and length of the placement procedure
- Additional treatments required, such as the use of a dental implant
The best way you can determine the cost of your dental bridge is to make an appointment at Dental Choice to consult with one of our dentists.
Visit Dental Choice Today
If you’re suffering from missing or extracted teeth, consider visiting our Dental Choice clinics in Alberta. Our professional dentists will examine your condition and determine whether you need dental bridges, implants or a combination of the two procedures to replace your missing teeth.
Schedule a Consultation at a Dental Choice Location Near You
For more information about dental bridges, we invite you to contact a Dental Choice location in Edmonton or Calgary and schedule a consultation with one of our General Dentists. We can place dental bridges to give you a full set of natural-looking teeth and help transform your smile.
To learn more about our Restorative Dentistry services, please check out the pages below: