A Different Way to Experience the Dentist
We have all felt the waves of nerves as a dentist appointment approaches on the calendar. Maybe you have had a poor experience in the past with a dentist that still makes you nervous for a bi-annual visit. For some, the dental anxiety can be enough to stay away from the dentist’s office for years.
At our Dental Choice offices, we strive to make the dentist’s office a warm and inviting place for you. Our teams of dental experts stay up to date on the latest dental technology and procedures to ensure that you are comfortable and that your procedures suit your individual needs. In addition, we offer resources so that you can relax at your Edmonton dentist’s office, including sedation dentistry.
Through this blog, we will review the benefits of different sedation dentistry procedures, and how it can make a visit to Dental Choice both pleasant and painless. Keep reading to learn more about the types of sedation that we offer!
Sedation Dentistry and You
At Dental Choice, we like to offer patients a variety of dental procedure options, including our sedation dentistry procedures. During a consultation with our dental experts, we will evaluate which form of sedation might be best for your individual needs.
Our sedation dentistry methods include:
- Nitrous Oxide- this type of sedation is best known as ‘laughing gas.’ It is administered in-office, and is inhaled by a patient to induce a state of relaxation and calm.
- Oral Sedation- oral sedation can be used for a variety of patients’ needs. Oral sedatives might be prescribed for a patient to take the night before a dental procedure or 30 minutes to an hour before the visit.
- IV Sedation- this form of sedation allows for a patient to enter a sleep-like state. IV sedation does not make a patient unconscious. Some of our Calgary and Edmonton offices offer the ‘wand’ for our patients. The ‘wand’ is an injection device that makes the entire process of injecting needles less nerve wracking. It is perfect for patients of all ages, and for those individuals who are afraid of needles.
- The “Wand”– The Wand is a comfortable injection device that is far less intimidating than the standard syringe needle. The look and feel of the wand makes administering freezing less intimidating, which reduces dental anxiety in anxious patients. It also has the ability to freeze a single tooth, which eliminates the numbness in other areas of the mouth and face. Patients who have tried the wand have been telling us the injection is painless, and that it’s the best injection they’ve ever had!
With the aid of sedation, we can help keep your smile beautiful and healthy while you relax in the dentist’s chair. Sedation allows you to feel comfortable, relaxed, and experience a virtually painless dentist visit.
Learn More about Sedation Dentistry
If you are interested in learning more about sedation dentistry, then do not wait any longer to contact us. Your oral health is the window to your general health, so taking good care of your mouth and teeth is essential. With sedation dentistry, you can keep your dental health in check without fear and anxiety.
You deserve to have a smile that is as beautiful as it is healthy. Sedation dentistry has helped many of our patients achieve their dream smiles. To learn more about how sedation dentistry can work for you, contact Dental Choice today!
- Dental Choice. Sedation Dentistry.
- WebMD. Sedation Dentistry: Can You Really Relax at the Dentist’s Chair? https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/sedation-dentistry-can-you-really-relax-in-the-dentists-chair
"headline": "Relaxation at the Dentist",
"name": "Dental Choice"
"name": "Dental Choice",