Oral Health and Your General Health
When you think about your health, what are the first things that come to mind? Maybe you consider your nutrition. Maybe you think about cardiac health. Or maybe you think about blood pressure and cholesterol. There are an abundance of avenues that you can venture on in thinking about general health, but do you ever consider the status of your oral health?
For many individuals, oral and dental health are components that are considered to be far outside the realm of overall health. However, oral health is closely connected with the health of the rest of the body, and can even affect the progression of certain illnesses. Through this Dental Choice Canada blog, you will learn about how oral and general health are interconnected, and what you can do to ensure that your smile and overall wellness are maintained. Keep reading to learn more.
The Connections to Your Mouth and Body
At Dental Choice Canada, we want you to know the ins and outs of your oral health. There are many health conditions that have been linked with oral health, and can include:
- Endocarditis- endocarditis is an infection of the inner lining of the heart. This condition can occur when bacteria spread through the bloodstream and then attached to the damaged areas of the heart.
- Cardiovascular Disease- oral bacteria that cause inflammation and infections may be linked to heart disease and clogged arteries.
- Diabetes- it has been found that individuals who have gum disease, also have a difficult time controlling blood sugar levels.
- Pregnancy and Birth Weight- gum disease or periodontitis has been linked to premature births and low birth weights.
While the amounts of conditions that have been linked with poor oral health may be overwhelming, you can rest easy with Dental Choice Canada. We have a wide array of procedures and services to keep your oral health at its best to minimize your risk of developing other conditions. Your oral health is extremely important—we help you maintain it as a priority.
Learn More about Oral Health
If you would like to learn more about your own oral health, do not hesitate to contact Dental Choice Canada. We are here to answer all of your questions about our procedures and services to ensure that your mouth is always at its healthiest.
Our team of Dental Choice Canada experts wants your smile to remain healthy for a lifetime. Learn more about what preventative services we can offer to maintain your oral and general health today.
- Dental Choice Canada. Periodontal Disease.
- Mayo Clinic. Oral Health: A Window to Your Overall Health. https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dental/DE00001
"@id": " https://www.dentalchoice.ca/how-your-mouth-a…r-overall-health/"
"headline": "How Your Mouth Affects Your Overall Health",
"name": "Dental Choice"
"name": "Dental Choice",