Dental Jobs in Edmonton
No matter your job preferences or values, a career in dentistry can be one of the most fulfilling. The Dentistry field has a wide range of job positions, as dentists can’t perform their roles effectively without a supporting team.
Dental Choice positions include:
Registered Dental Assistants
A registered dental assistant supports a dentist in performing a wide range of tasks including patient care and laboratory duties. Accreditation and certification are very important if one is to become a skilled dental assistant.
Some of the typical roles of dental assistants include:
- Preparing treatment room for patients procedurally
- Patient preparation and care
- Sterilizing and delivering dental instruments
- Supporting dentist to manage dental emergencies by providing oxygen and emergency drugs when needed
- Educating patients on dental care and oral hygiene
- Documenting patients’ dental care records such as X-rays
- Maintaining dental equipment by ensuring that they are functioning effectively
- Maintaining dental supplies inventory by checking stock
- Implementing infection control policies
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment
Dental Choice is offering registered dental assistant jobs in our clinics in Edmonton. We encourage qualified candidates to apply for the positions.
Dental hygienist jobs are just as attractive as that of a dentist. A dental hygienist supports a dentist by providing oral screening, radiographic studies and completing dental prophylaxis. Educational requirements are much higher for dental hygienists, and they must have a diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
Dental hygienists typically:
- Prepare patient for dental hygiene treatment
- Brief patients by answering questions and requests
- Sterilize and select of dental hygiene instruments
- Perform dental prophylaxis
- Perform dental exams to detect disease
- Mitigate dental decay and cavities
- Educate patients on oral hygiene
- Perform teeth cleaning procedures in compliance with dental practice requirements
If you’re looking for dental hygiene jobs near you, look no further than Dental Choice. We’re offering dental hygiene jobs in our Edmonton clinics.
Administrative Office Staff
A dental administrative assistant works in a dental office performing various clerical duties. An administrative assistant doubles as a receptionist, too.
Administrative office staff members handle tasks such as:
- Welcoming patients
- Registering new patients
- Verifying and updating patient records
- Scheduling appointments
- Coordinating the front office with the professional staff
- Responding to calls and messages
- Managing office accounting and handling insurance claims
- Providing information on financial treatment plans
- Collect and receipt payments
- Monitor inventory
- Maintain patient confidentiality
We have several dental receptionist jobs in our offices across Alberta. We encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as possible