Dental Jobs in Calgary
Choosing a career in dentistry is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make, especially if you have a passion for serving others. The dental industry offers several career opportunities you can pursue to fulfill your dreams. At Dental Choice, we’re looking for self-motivated individuals to work in our dental offices throughout Alberta.
Job opportunities include the following.
Registered Dental Assistants
A registered dental assistant supports a dentist in performing a wide range of tasks including patient care and laboratory duties. Accreditation and certification are very important if one is to become a skilled dental assistant.
Some of the typical roles of dental assistants include:
- Preparing treatment room for patients procedurally
- Patient preparation and care
- Sterilizing and delivering dental instruments
- Supporting dentist to manage dental emergencies by providing oxygen and emergency drugs when needed
- Educating patients on dental care and oral hygiene
- Documenting patients’ dental care records such as X-rays
- Maintaining dental equipment by ensuring that they are functioning effectively
- Maintaining dental supplies inventory by checking stock
- Implementing infection control policies
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment
Dental Choice is offering registered dental assistant jobs in our clinics in Calgary. We encourage qualified candidates to apply for the positions.
Dental hygienist jobs are just as attractive as that of a dentist. A dental hygienist supports a dentist by providing oral screening, radiographic studies and completing dental prophylaxis. Educational requirements are much higher for dental hygienists, and they must have a diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
Dental hygienists typically:
- Prepare patient for dental hygiene treatment
- Brief patients by answering questions and requests
- Sterilize and select of dental hygiene instruments
- Perform dental prophylaxis
- Perform dental exams to detect disease
- Mitigate dental decay and cavities
- Educate patients on oral hygiene
- Perform teeth cleaning procedures in compliance with dental practice requirements
If you’re looking for dental hygiene jobs near you, look no further than Dental Choice. We’re offering dental hygiene jobs in our Calgary clinics.
Administrative Office Staff
A dental administrative assistant works in a dental office performing various clerical duties. An administrative assistant doubles as a receptionist, too.
Administrative office staff members handle tasks such as:
- Welcoming patients
- Registering new patients
- Verifying and updating patient records
- Scheduling appointments
- Coordinating the front office with the professional staff
- Responding to calls and messages
- Managing office accounting and handling insurance claims
- Providing information on financial treatment plans
- Collect and receipt payments
- Monitor inventory
- Maintain patient confidentiality
Whether you’re looking for dental receptionist jobs near you or want to work as a dental assistant in either our Calgary office, Dental Choice offers you an excellent opportunity to advance your career. We offer highly advanced training to all our staff members to improve their competence in dentistry.
We also provide attractive compensation packages along with benefits to reward your hard work and dedication. We encourage applications from qualified individuals, so submit yours today.