Dr. Elliott and his team decided to select a daycare for their Oral Health Awareness initiative this year, and after many laughs and playful games the Airdrie Dental Choice team left feeling confident that the children would be brushing their teeth with a little more excitement from now on.
They spent some time talking to the kids about the benefits of different foods, and the effects they can have on baby and adult teeth. The kids we’re very excited to interact with Dr. Elliott, especially when he brought out the cool props!
Here is some fun “toothful” trivia from the Canadian Dental Association to share with your children!
- An elephant’s tooth can weigh three kilograms… That’s heavier than a big jug of milk!
- Even though whales are very big, some of them don’t have any teeth. Instead, they have rows of stiff hair like combs that take food out of the ocean.
- Snails are very small but they can have thousands of tiny teeth all lined up in rows.
- Minnows have teeth in their throat.
- Rabbit teeth never stop growing. They are worn down by gnawing on bark and other hard foods.
- Lemon sharks grow a new set of teeth every two weeks. They grow more than 24,000 new teeth every year!
- Every year in China, people celebrate a special holiday called “Love Your Teeth Day”.
Dr. Elliott is always accepting new patients in the community, and works very well with families and children! Check out our Switch Witch promotion we do every Halloween for an insiders look on Dr. Elliott’s enthusiasm. Book with him today!
"headline": "Airdrie Visits Daycare & Shares Fun Trivia!",
"name": "Dental Choice"
"name": "Dental Choice",